Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Week!

.
Countdown is on!

There is now only one week – 7 sleeps! – until my first picture book, This is the Mud! is in bookshops around Australia.

One week until a dream is realised.

Seven days… after more than SEVEN YEARS of relentless, dogged determination. Just seven sleeps!

It’s kind of hard to imagine that it really will happen… But it will. I’ve seen the book! I’ve held it in my hands. I’ve screeched with delight, and turned those gorgeous, glossy pages. I’ve carried it everywhere - even shown the delightful beefy red Amber who inspired the illustrations. (She liked it. I loved it.)

Yes, it really is going to happen! This is the Mud! is right now, packed in boxes ready to travel to bookshops around the country. Just waiting to be unwrapped and arranged on shelves, proudly proclaiming its presence as a published Australian picture book!

Just one more week…

If you do nothing else on Thursday, 7th May 2009, make sure you head to your nearest bookstore and see This is the Mud!

And when you do – please tell me! That way I'll know that at long, looooong last, it really is… OUT THERE!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment