.
Well – there’s so much I could and should say about our fantabulously messy muddy launch at the Miriam Vale State School, and it will be said and shown. But that will have to wait a couple of days... Just give me time to come down off cloud 9999, collect my thoughts and rack up some sleep…
But I promise - it will come!
But for now… Attached are the rhyming poems from the special launch day edition of the Verse Off. There were more entered onto the school blog on the day, but we had complications there, so they aren't included here.
The Verse Off will continue every Sunday during May - so drop by and have some fun again!
Don't forget to check out Sally Murphy's blog for the Free Verse collection.
Sally_Odgers started us off with:
'Someone's got his paws on me,'
said the Brahmin calf today
'Yes that's my mate the terrier,'
was all her friend would say.
'A dog must do what a dog can do,
And a word in your floppy ear...
Let's go for a run in the morning sun;
Get your lazy hoofs in gear.'
Sally Odgers http://spinningpearls.blogspot.com
Jackie continued the dialogue:
If you sit down
And I climb up
Said the black and white
Spotted terrier pup
Upon his back?
The calf did scoff
Be careful lest I
Knock you off!
Sally Murphy joined the mob with:
A cow and a pup
Met up one day
Pup said ‘Cow
Won’t you come and play?’
Cow said “Do you think that’s wise?
Young pup you see
I’m twice your size”
Pup said ‘I don’t care
About how you look at all.
It’s how you think, and how you act
Come play we’ll have a ball!’
Kathryn Apel had two today – but only because she had a heads up and had fun with it earlier in the week when driving to Beef (as a passenger!) because Friday launch day was flat-stack beautifully busy and there was NO WAY she could have done this then.
1. I’m the King of the Cattle
I’ve got my eye on you, he said
and I’m not backing down
this turf is mine – and so’s the beef
You’re doing it too brown!
So back off Pod – You’ve got a hide
I’ll chew your ear, you’ll see
Cause I’m top dog around the farm
The cattle king – that’s Me!
And this by way of retaliation:
2. My Beef with YOU!
Mooove over Rover, yapping hound
Your clawing paws are on my ground
and herd – you heard – It’s most unheard of…
Butt out! No buts! Don’t bark a word –
Just hoof it! Shake a tail – and leg
Your canine tricks won’t make me beg.
Now no more bull, or pup or dog
I’ll say it plain… You – take a jog.
Mooove it Mutt – Bark off!
Fletcher Apel wrote this gorgeous little poem:
My dog’s name is Jonty.
I love my cello, Monty.
I make music on my cello
and my dog makes cattle bellow.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment